syncrude athabasca oil sands mine

syncrude athabasca oil sands mine

Experimentation, Exploration and Commercial Development in ...

Athabasca Oil Sands Conference establishes an Alberta oil sands policy and stimulates commercial interest in the resource. ... Syncrude opens oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading mega-project in northeastern Alberta. ... Exploration and Commercial Development in the 1950s.

Get Support

Oil sands - Wikipedia

The Athabasca oil sands lie along the Athabasca River and are the largest natural bitumen deposit in the world, containing about 80% of the Alberta total, and the only one suitable for surface mining.With modern unconventional oil production technology, at least 10% of these deposits, or about 170 Gbbl (27 × 10 ^ 9 m 3) are considered to be economically recoverable, making Canada's total ...

Get Support

Oil Sands Operations | Oil Sands Magazine

1 mining/in-situ capacity = barrels of bitumen per calendar day • upgrader capacity = barrels of synthetic crude oil per calendar day 2 pre-fid = awaiting final investment decision (fid) 3 c&su = currently in commissioning & start-up phase 4 capital expenditures for 2018/2019 estimated values

Get Support

Evolution of Mining Equipment in the Oil Sands | Oil Sands ...

Syncrude began mining oil sands from Mildred Lake in 1978. Syncrude's mining operation was very similar to Suncor's, initially using draglines and bucketwheels to shovel the ore onto conveyors that transported the oil sands to the processing plant. The company transitioned to truck-and-shovel mining in the late 1990s.

Get Support

Syncrude & Suncor Base Mines, Alberta, Canada (Athabasca ...

· Panoramic view from the edge of an oil sands tailings pond. There are mountains of light-coloured sand with flecks of coke. ... Syncrude & Suncor Base Mines, Alberta, Canada (Athabasca oil sands ...

Get Support

Home | Syncrude

Syncrude is one of the largest producers of crude oil from Canada's oil sands. Learn more about our processes, economic impact, and environmental responsibility.

Get Support

Syncrude & Suncor Base Mines, Alberta, Canada (Athabasca ...

· Panoramic view from the edge of an oil sands tailings pond. There are mountains of light-coloured sand with flecks of coke. ... Syncrude & Suncor Base Mines, Alberta, Canada (Athabasca oil sands ...

Get Support

Heavy Haulers in the oil sands - Biggest Trucks In The ...

· Great shots of giant trucks used to haul oil sands. Some of the biggest trucks in the world like the enormous Euclid trucks that can haul over 300 tonnes. Mostly working in the oil sands in Fort ...

Get Support

10 - Mining Technology | Mining News and Views Updated Daily

Syncrude Athabasca Oil Sands Mine, Alberta. An example of the open pit mining that takes place on site. RECOMMENDED COMPANIES. Learn more. Hover over the logos to learn more about the companies who made this project possible. Show me. Close. Bulk Mining …

Get Support

Aurora Mine Application | ERA

Syncrude Canada Ltd. The Aurora Mine is planned for development in four stages of investment in bitumen production. Each stage includes a high capacity (8000 tonnes per hour) Low Energy Extraction Process utilizing hydrotransport. The first two stages (Aurora North) share a common truck-shovel mine pit on Oil Sands Leases 10, 12 and 34.

Get Support

Syncrude Tailings Dam Explained

It is located 40km (30miles) north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada at the northern end of the Mildred Lake lease owned by Syncrude Canada Ltd.. The dam and the tailings artificial lake within it are constructed and maintained as part of ongoing operations by Syncrude in extracting oil from the Athabasca oil sands.

Get Support

Syncrude Tailings Dam - Wikipedia

It is located 40 km (25 mi) north of Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada at the northern end of the Mildred Lake lease owned by Syncrude Canada Ltd.. The dam and the tailings artificial lake within it are constructed and maintained as part of ongoing operations by Syncrude in extracting oil from the Athabasca oil sands.

Get Support

Mining for Bitumen | Oil Sands Magazine

All of Alberta's mineable oil sands is located north of Fort McMurray along the banks of the Athabasca River. In order for mining to be economically feasible, the deposit must be located relatively close to the surface, typically no more than 50 meters deep.

Get Support

Mining - Oil Sands - Suncor

Suncor's oil sands mining operations are located near Fort McMurray in northern Alberta and include the Millennium and North Steepbank sites as well as the Suncor-operated Fort Hills mine. Suncor has a 58.74% interest in the Syncrude joint venture. Additionally, Suncor has a interest in the Voyageur South mining lease.

Get Support

Ownership & Investors | Syncrude

The Syncrude Project was undertaken and continues to be operated for the purpose of producing crude oil and other lease substances from the mining and processing of oil sands, located on leases within the Athabasca Oil Sands Region, that …

Get Support

Our Future - MLX Project | Syncrude

MLX consists of two new mining areas – MLX West located northwest of the North Mine and west of the MacKay River; and MLX East, located between the Mildred Lake Settling Basin and the Athabasca River. These mining sites will replace the oil sands ore body currently being mined in the adjacent North Mine.

Get Support

13 - Mining Technology | Mining News and Views Updated Daily

Syncrude Athabasca Oil Sands Mine, Alberta. The Mildred Lake facility. The yellow structures in front of the tailings pond are sulphur stockpiles; the extraction plant is just to the right of this photograph and most of the mine lies to the left. RECOMMENDED COMPANIES. Learn more.

Get Support

Syncrude - Wikipedia

Syncrude Canada Ltd. is one of the world's largest producers of synthetic crude oil from oil sands and the largest single source producer in Canada. It is located just outside Fort McMurray in the Athabasca Oil Sands, and has a nameplate capacity of 350,000 barrels per day (56,000 m 3 /d) of oil, equivalent to about 13% of Canada's consumption.

Get Support

Category:Athabasca oil sands - Wikimedia Commons

Athabasca oil sands ... Syncrude Mildred Lake site‎ (5 F) Media in category "Athabasca oil sands" The following 112 files are in this category, out of 112 total. Alberta tar sands.jpg 640 × 363; 62 KB. Athabasca oil sand mining map 2011.jpg 4,189 × 2,630; 3.62 . Athabasca Oil Sands map.png 1,200 × 1,753; 611 KB.

Get Support

Canadian oil sands giant testing autonomous ... - MINING.COM

· The largest Canadian oil sands producer confirmed last week it has embarked on a one-year pilot project involving the use of six tonne autonomous haulers in …

Get Support

Syncrude – Wikipedia

Syncrude Canada Ltd. ist ein kanadisches Unternehmen der Ölindustrie. Das Unternehmen mit Hauptsitz in Fort McMurray ist ein Joint Venture der Ölförderer Suncor Energy (58,74 %), Imperial Oil (25 %), Sinopec (9,03 %), Nexen (7,23 %). Syncrude extrahiert Rohbitumen aus Ölsanden in der kanadischen Region Alberta, hauptsächlich handelt es sich hierbei um Athabasca-Ölsande in der …

Get Support

12 - Mining Technology | Mining News and Views Updated Daily

Syncrude Athabasca Oil Sands Mine, Alberta. On-site product tanks are used to store oil sands. RECOMMENDED COMPANIES. Learn more. Hover over the logos to learn more about the companies who made this project possible. Show …

Get Support

Surface Mining Techniques used in the Oil Sands | Oil ...

Oil sands mining operations are some of the largest mines in the world. Although open-pit oil sands mines have a lot in common with traditional hard-rock mines (such as gold or copper), oil sands operators have some unique challenges due to the softness of the deposit. Learn more about surface mining techniques used in the oil sands.

Get Support

About Us | Syncrude

Syncrude is one of the largest operators in Canada’s oil sands industry, with an over year history of innovation. Based in Fort McMurray, Alberta, and with a large research and development facility in Edmonton, Syncrude is known for pioneering many of the technologies used in the industry, including an expanding suite of techniques to improve environmental and economic performance.

Get Support

Syncrude Oilsands Base Mine on Fire - Fort McMurry - YouTube

· Syncrude Oilsands Base Mine on Fire - Fort McMurry NEWS 1130. ... Athabasca Oil Sands Project - Duration: ... Syncrude Oil Sands Production in Alberta, ...

Get Support

Syncrude Athabasca Oil Sands Mine, Alberta - Mining ...

Syncrude – a joint venture of oil and gas companies mining the Athabasca oil sands – holds eight leases covering 258,000ha, 40km north of Fort McMurray. It is ranked as the world’s largest producer of synthetic crude from oil sands and the biggest single source in Canada.

Get Support

Syncrude Oilsands Base Mine on Fire - Fort McMurry - YouTube

· Syncrude Oilsands Base Mine on Fire - Fort McMurry NEWS 1130. ... Athabasca Oil Sands Project - Duration: ... Syncrude Oil Sands Production in Alberta, ...

Get Support

Athabasca Oil Sands Project, Canada - Mining Technology ...

There are a number of companies involved in exploiting the deposit, though three major operations dominate the field. Great Canadian Oil Sands (now Suncor) began the world’s first oil sands mine, followed in 1978 by Syncrude, with the third – the Shell Canada, Chevron and Western Oil Sands joint venture, joining in 2003.

Get Support

Oil Sands Mining - AER

The main source of make-up water for oil sands mining operations is the lower Athabasca River. Despite industry's dependence on this river, companies are still withdrawing significantly less than the weekly limits that Alberta Environment and Parks sets for this river.

Get Support

Origins - Oil Sands - Alberta's Energy Heritage

Athabasca Oil Sands Conference establishes an Alberta oil sands policy and stimulates commercial interest in the resource. ... Syncrude opens oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading mega-project in northeastern Alberta. ... Origins. Given the enormous machines that currently operate in Alberta’s oil sands, it is perhaps appropriate that the ...

Get Support

Heavy Haulers in the oil sands - Biggest Trucks In The ...

· Great shots of giant trucks used to haul oil sands. Some of the biggest trucks in the world like the enormous Euclid trucks that can haul over 300 tonnes. Mostly working in the oil sands in Fort ...

Get Support

Oil sands tailings ponds - Wikipedia

They are known as Athabasca Oil Sands, Cold Lake oil sands, and Peace River oil sands. The Athabasca Oil Sands Region (AOSR) has 19 tailings ponds. Components of oil sands tailings ponds. Oil sand tailings or oil sands process-affected water (OSPW), have a highly variable composition and a complex mixture of compounds.

Get Support