the coal industry health benefits act

the coal industry health benefits act

Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 - HathiTrust

Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 : hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, ... 4.W 36: 67.

Get Support

Retired Coal Miners' Health Benefit Funds: Financial ...

To ensure that these individuals would continue to receive the health benefits specified in previous collective bargaining agreements reached with coal companies, often gained in exchange for lower pensions, Congress enacted the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (Coal Act).

Get Support

The Assault on Coal and American Consumers | The Heritage ...

· The state’s lignite coal industry, ... which the environmental and health benefits do not justify the costs. ... of the 1969 Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act,” Occupational ...

Get Support

Mitch McConnell's Nightmare Continues As Kentucky Coal ...

· The coal miner in the ad said: It was a hour bus ride. We were coal miners with black lung disease going to see our senator, Mitch McConnell, to try and save our disability benefits.

Get Support

No. 956 In the Supreme Court of the United States

tioners of liability for retired miners’ benefits under the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992, 26 U.S.C. 9701 et seq., even though, when that Act was passed, petitioners were members of a commonly con-trolled group of corporations that both employed the miners and promised to provide them lifetime health benefits.

Get Support

Retired Coal Miners' Health Benefit Funds: Financial ...

To ensure that these individuals would continue to receive the health benefits specified in previous collective bargaining agreements reached with coal companies, often gained in exchange for lower pensions, Congress enacted the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (Coal Act).

Get Support

Code of Federal Regulations § 422.601

The regulations in this subpart describe how the Social Security Administration (SSA) will conduct reviews of assignments it makes under provisions of the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (the Coal Act). Under the Coal Act, certain retired coal miners and their eligible family members (beneficiaries) are assigned to particular ...

Get Support

Energy Policy Act of 1992 - Wikipedia

The Energy Policy Act, effective Octo, (102nd Congress H.R.776.ENR, abbreviated as EPACT92) is a United States government act.It was passed by Congress and set goals, created mandates, and amended utility laws to increase clean energy use and improve overall energy efficiency in the United States.The Act consists of twenty-seven titles detailing various measures designed to …

Get Support

Coal liabilities - GOV.UK

· When the coal industry was privatised in 1994, under the terms of the Coal Industry Act 1994 the government became responsible for providing certain entitlements to coal …

Get Support

Coal regulations - SourceWatch

The Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977 provides the framework for the actions of the Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA). The act amended the 1969 Coal Act in a number of significant ways, and consolidated all federal health and safety regulations of the mining industry, coal as well as non-coal mining, under a single statutory scheme.

Get Support

Chapter 10

Relief for coal operators from liability under the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (the “Coal Act”) 1 is most likely to come from the courts, not from the Coal Act’s abbreviated agency review process. Just the abundance of lawsuits the Coal Act has generated, together with

Get Support

Mine Safety and Health | U.S. Department of Labor

The Federal Mine Safety and Health Act (Mine Act) requires that the U.S. Department of Labor's Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) inspect all mines each year to ensure safe and healthy work environments for miners. In addition to setting safety and health standards for preventing hazardous and unhealthy conditions, MSHA's regulations establish requirements for:

Get Support

Donald Trump nixes Obama regulations on coal industry ...

· Telling coal miners that he will keep his promises to them, President Trump on Thursday rolled back Obama-era regulations targeting the beleaguered industry in …

Get Support

govinfo

106 Stat. 2776 - Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992

Get Support

Coal industry retiree health benefit act 1992 icons ...

Download all the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act 1992 icons you need. Choose betw Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act 1992 icons in both vector SVG and PNG format. Related icons include health icons, medical icons, industry icons, hospital icons, healthcare icons, medicine icons, care icons, factory icons, fitness icons, doctor icons, heart icons

Get Support

Current Legislation - UMWA

Preserving retiree health care benefits. Legislation passed by Congress in May, 2017 preserved the health care benefits of 22,600 retirees, dependents and widows whose coverage was going to be lost as a result of coal industry bankruptcies in 20.

Get Support

Coal liabilities - GOV.UK

· When the coal industry was privatised in 1994, under the terms of the Coal Industry Act 1994 the government became responsible for providing certain entitlements to coal …

Get Support

Miners health care and pensions - The Atlantic

· When Congress returns next week, legislators will be under intense pressure to fund health-care benefits and pension plans for coal miners that are otherwise set to …

Get Support

Energy Policy Act of 1992 - Wikipedia

The Energy Policy Act, effective Octo, (102nd Congress H.R.776.ENR, abbreviated as EPACT92) is a United States government act.It was passed by Congress and set goals, created mandates, and amended utility laws to increase clean energy use and improve overall energy efficiency in the United States.The Act consists of twenty-seven titles detailing various measures designed to …

Get Support

Coal Bankruptcies: Complications and Risks Associated with ...

Coal worker health and benefits legislation for retirees primarily takes the form of two statutes, the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act, 26 U.S.C. § 9701 et seq. (the Coal Act) and the Black Lung Benefits Act, 30 U.S.C. § 901 et. seq. (the Black Lung Act). The Coal Act was established in 1992 to address the

Get Support

TOPN: Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 ...

The United States Code is meant to be an organized, logical compilation of the laws passed by Congress. At its top level, it divides the world of legislation into fifty topically-organized Titles, and each Title is further subdivided into any number of logical subtopics.

Get Support

The Black Lung Program, the Black Lung Disability Trust ...

Program benefits under Part C of the Black Lung Benefits Act (BLBA) when a responsible coal operator does not meet its obligations under the law to pay benefits. Black Lung Disease Coal workers’ pneumoconiosis (CWP, commonly referred to as black lung disease) is an

Get Support

U.S. GAO - Retired Coal Miners' Health Benefit Funds ...

· To ensure that these individuals would continue to receive the health benefits specified in previous collective bargaining agreements reached with coal companies, often gained in exchange for lower pensions, Congress enacted the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 (Coal Act).

Get Support

Obamacare Repeal Threatens A Health Benefit Popular ... - NPR

· The Affordable Care Act made it faster and easier for a coal miner with black lung to get compensation benefits. Many in coal country want that provision …

Get Support

The Effect of Firm Bankruptcy on Retiree Benefits, with ...

The Effect of Firm Bankruptcy on Retiree Benefits Congressional Research Service 2 since at least the 1940s. In October 1992, passage of the Coal Act9 protected health benefits for some retired coal …

Get Support

The struggle for coal miners’ health care and pension ...

· The changing fortunes of the coal industry ... introduced the American Miners Act of 2019 to shore up pension and health care benefits. The act …

Get Support

History | Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA)

The Federal Coal Mine Health and Safety Act of 1969 (Public Law 173), generally referred to as the Coal Act, was the most comprehensive and stringent Federal legislation governing the mining industry to date. Key components of the Coal Act include: Four annual inspections required at all underground coal …

Get Support

Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 : hearing ...

Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefit Act of 1992 : hearing before the Subcommittee on Oversight of the Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fourth Congress, first …

Get Support

Division of Coal Mine Workers' Compensation (DCMWC)

The Division of Coal Mine Workers' Compensation, or Federal Black Lung Program, administers claims filed under the Black Lung Benefits Act. The Act provides compensation to coal miners who are totally disabled by pneumoconiosis arising out of coal mine employment, and to survivors of coal miners whose deaths are attributable to the disease.

Get Support

Coalwood, West ia Web Site

I'm specifically interested in those who might have been affected in 1995 when LTV tried not to pay into the fund established by the Coal Industry Retiree Health Benefits Act of 1992. My number is 7047 and my email address is [email protected] Thank you, Stephanie Saul

Get Support

Coal Mining Regulation & Compliance | Coal Services

Legislation Coal Services was created upon the dissolution of the Joint Coal Board and introduction of the NSW Government’s Coal Industry Act 2001. Under the Act, Coal Services exercises a number of key statutory functions. These include the provision of critical services to the NSW coal mining industry across the areas of occupational health and […]

Get Support

The Coal Industry Health Benefits Act, 26 U

The Coal Industry Health Benefits Act (the "Coal Act") is codified as chapter 99 of Subtitle J of the Trust Fund Code, which shares title 26 of the United States Code with the Internal Revenue Code. Chapter 99 is divided into four subchapters, A, B, C, and D.

Get Support